town & Bodicote, 1953
Scan from paper copy of Ordnance Survey One Inch Map Sheet 145.
The most striking
change between this map and the 1946 map is
the development to the west of Banbury of the Ruscote and Bretch Hill estates.
There is also development on Hightown Road, near the Horton Hospital.
Withycombe Drive was built in 1947 and by the date of this map we can also see The Fairway, The Link, Cherry Road, Ferndale Road and Marlowe Close. Sandford Green appears to be under construction. Sinclair Avenue has been extended.
The motivation for this new development was in part to house families from London and Coventry.
Most maps used
on this site were published by the Ordnance Survey and are reproduced here
under licence 100053496 for educational and research puposes only. Contact