town & Bodicote, 1924
Scan from paper copy of Bartholomews Revised Half Inch to Mile, Sheet 24 Oxfordshire, original cost 3 shillings.
change indeed from the 1893
map. However, before the start of World War Two in 1939, the Easington
estate (Springfield Avenue etc.) will be built as well as the new developments
along the Warwick Road (Ruscote Avenue and Cromwell Road).
Note also that road numbers appear for the first time; the Southam Road north is now the A423, while the Warwick Road is the A41 and the Bloxham Road is the A361. Road numbers were introduced in 1923, shortly after the formation of the Ministry of Transport in 1919.
Red and white dashed roads on this map are "secondary" roads (B roads). Solid red roads are A roads.
Most maps used on this site were published by the Ordnance Survey and are reproduced here under licence 100053496 for educational and research puposes only. Contact webmaster.